On Thursday the 15th of April, 2021 the IRC hosted a webinar on the role of capacity building and institutional peer support in growing resettlement and supporting the integration of resettled refugees. The event drew on lessons learned and experiences from the AMIF funded European Resettlement and Integration Technical Assistance (EURITA) project. Over the past two years the project has supported more than 600 practitioners across the EU to enhance their resettlement and integration programming by strengthening the delivery of post-arrival cultural orientation and engaging the communities in which they work.
This final virtual event of the project featured a panel of speakers from civil society, national government and the EU. They discussed key opportunities and best practices to persisting challenges for practitioners working in resettlement and integration in Europe.
- Heide Nidetzky, Policy Officer, DG Migration and Home Affairs, European Commission
- Davina Gately Said, Resettlement Officer and Angela Murru, Senior Protection Officer, Resettlement and Complementary Pathways Service, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Miriam Gonzaga, Head of Refugee Unit, Alto Comissariado para as Migrações, Portugal
- Barbara Oliveira, Project Coordinator, Conselho Português para os Refugiados
- Hassina Kiboua, Refugee Resettlement Officer, Irish Refugee Council
- Genevieve Caston, Senior Integration Specialist, IRC
Moderated by, Imogen Sudbery, Director of Policy and Advocacy Europe and Head of IRC Belgium, the recording of the event can be found here.